Mission, Vision, & Goals
The libraries of the Higher Education Library Information Network (HELIN) cooperate to support the teaching, learning, and research missions of their institutions. HELIN develops communities of practice that enhance the services provided by its member libraries, promotes strategic initiatives to achiece efficiencies in resource and information sharing, and advocates for the core values and ethics of librarianship.
HELIN aspires to collaboratively lead innovation in library and information services for the enhancement of higher education and learning.
- Make the user’s needs central to the delivery of library systems and services
- Collaborate as a regional and national leader in cooperative and consortia initiatives
- Create efficiencies and reduce redundancies in library systems and sevices
- Provide ongoing and regular professional development opportunities for library staff
- Make the HELIN organizational structure strategic to the needs of its members
- Strategically expand membership options
- Integrate systematic assessment into planning and evaluation
The mission, vision and goals serve as the “outcomes” against which the board designs and thus pursues all initiatives.