MEMBERSHIP IN HELIN IS BASED ON THE CURRENT HELIN AGREEMENT AND BYLAWS
Consortium-wide discounts on
Databases, e-journals, e-books, streaming audio and video, digital repositories
Intra-consortium resource access and interlibrary loan process featuring
Consortium-wide library privileges plus patron initiated reciprocal borrowing of books, CDs, DVDs, and more
Professional development opportunities featuring
Annual conference, affinity groups, special project working groups, product trials and training sessions
Opportunities for cooperative grant-funded proposals
To become a member of HELIN, an organization must meet the following criteria and agree to the following conditions:
- Be a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization with a library, a collection of materials, a librarian or library staff member, and an acquisitions budget;
- Be willing to promote and support HELIN’s Mission, Vision and Goals;
- Abide by the HELIN Agreement and Bylaws and the terms and conditions of Membership as established by the HELIN Board of Directors (Download the HELIN Agreement and Bylaws)
- Pay the agreed upon implementation fees, appropriate dues, and any other fees assessed for products and services as established by the HELIN Board of Directors
- Maintain a collection of information resources and share, to the extent legally possible, those collections with other HELIN members;
- Maintain a provision for online patron-initiated borrowing of available materials and the ability to pick up requested materials at any member location.
If your organization meets these criteria and conditions and would like to join HELIN, please complete the following form. All applications for membership must be approved by the HELIN Board of Directors.